Startseite » Paper Prototypes / Initial Tests
Archiv der Kategorie: Paper Prototypes / Initial Tests
– paper prototype
– user study
– user study
– user study
As you may have noticed, our paper prototype study had not a very fulfilling outcome. Nevertheless we had two minor changes in our paper prototype. The first one is that instead of using a keyboard to type in the name at the high-score page, the application makes a photo of the user. The second one affects the size of the items in the game itself. One user mentioned that they are a bit too small, so we made them bigger ;).
The following pictures show the changes we made in the paper prototype after user testing:
3. The Game (Changes: bigger Items)
4. High-Score (Changes: Photo instead of keyboard)
We informed our users about the procedure and what we hope to learn from it. Both of them were suitable to our user profile so we could start right away. Unfortunately the output of this study was not as we expected it to be. But still, here are the results of of the paper prototype study:
One positiv aspect of this study was that both users knew what to do rigth away. We did not had to explain a lot. That is why we concluded that, generally, the interface design is intuitive enough that a regular person is able to navigate through the application.
Another thought we had while watching the users going through our paper prototype was that the application is not made for people with any handycap. But since our user profile does not cover this, we did not worry about it too much.
Both users had the same idea as the people from the user study before: Instead of using a keyboard to type in the name at the high-score page, the application could make a photo of the user… we will definitely do that now!
Furthermore one user noted that the size of the icons in the game is too small. We try to change that in the next paper prototype as well.
We must point out that the both users felt a bit awkward while using this paper prototype. But in the end we did get some information out of it.
Before we were getting started, we had to think about the realization of the paper prototype. We decided to make very simple sketches of the elements of our application since we only want so simulate the interaction sequenze of the user tasks. Therefore we used textmarker and white paper to produce them. As „poster wall“ we used an wall in our appartment and placed the paper elements with sticky tape. In addition we played the electro Track we use in the actual application to make the paper prototype more realistic.
1. Opening Szene
2. Choose your style
3. The Game
As you may recognized the paper prototype is referring to the first version of our storyboard. This experiment will hopefully contribute to the next version.