We used Nielsen’s updated list of Ten Usability Heuristics as our basic set of heuristics.
• Visibility of system status
• Match between system and the real world
• User control and freedom
• Consistency and standards
• Error prevention
• Recognition rather than recall
• Flexibility and efficiency of use
• Aesthetic and minimalist design
• Help users recognize, diagnose, and recover from errors
• Help and documentation
In addition, after a long discussion, we found two more project specific heuristics.
The first one is
That is because in our application it is very important that the sound-sample comes directly with the triggering of the respective Icon/button, so that the user gets points and plays on the beat.
The second on is
• arrest attention
MoveTheBeat is made for public places. The user and his frinds should come closer when they see/hear it. When somebody plays the game other people should stop and be amazed.